Tuesday 7 February 2012

OMG! YOGA? WTF?


This is typically how a lot of people look when they first hear that I practice yoga and I am passionate about it. After the twitching subsides, they usually have some mildly stupid but enlightening questions and comments. Mildly.

Q) Did you just call my question stupid?
A) Sure did. Om shanti.

Q) You do yoga? But I saw you drinking coffee just now!
A) I also drink wine, beer, and play video games. Do you have a point?

Q) You do yoga? But you had chicken for lunch!
A) They were out of hamburger.

Q) You do yoga? But you just used the F word!
A) No, I said "hello darling, how the fuck are you today?".

Q) You do yoga? But you are not skinny!
A) I am pregnant with twins.

Q) Shouldn't you be in a temple or something?
A) What does that have to do with me practicing yoga?
Q) I mean, shouldn't you be like, chanting in front of candles and stuff?
A) I only do that after I cast voodoo spells. (form hand seals and point at the person) Hakuna matata! Om! Om!

Q) I can't cross my legs in the lotus position.
A) What does that have to do with me practicing yoga?
Q) Well, you know, I'm not bendy.
A) Seriously, what does that have to do with me practicing yoga?
Q) I don't get it. (looking confused)
A) Neither do I. Have a fantastic day!

You get the point.

Hakuna matata! Om! Om!

No comments:

Post a Comment